Just for Kicks

Courtesy of The Shoe Game


I've been collecting sneakers for about 10 years. But I've been wearing them since I could remember. Everyone has a passion - restoring classic cars, painting, writing, travelling, photography etc. Sneaker collecting just happens to be mine. I do it because I love it. It's not just the sneakers that I love, its the entire culture surrounding footwear and it's association with streetwear and lifestyle, basketball and hip-hop.

Sneaker collecting only scratches the surface on what the footwear culture is like and my interest in it. Yes, I said it, it IS a culture. If you don't believe a written word I type, go read a book, watch a documentary or go visit a Sneaker Show. If you go past the Air Jordans, the limited releases, the camp-outs, the line-ups and the footwear collaborations, the sneaker "fetish" goes way back to the early 1900s where waffle runners and rubber shoes were first introduced. I'd elaborate on it more but that's not why I wrote this post.

I'm finally selling my giant hoard of kicks that's been filling up my storage rooms and closets for so many years. Not the entire collection, but most. With that money I hope to earn from it all, I could use it to travel and visit new and unique places and maybe put a down payment on a home afterwards.

Don't get it twisted, the passion hasn't died. I'm simply trimming the stacks to give my shoes happy homes and to move on to bigger issues on my 'bucket list' that are starting to surface now that I'm getting older.

So support my travel/home funding and buy my footwear.

One.

No comments:

Post a Comment