When Legends Become Legendary



Courtesy of Premier and Shoe Gallery

The Neon Air Max 95 is and was a legendary shoe no doubt. It was one of the staples of what Nike Running was known for. What made it what it is, aesthetically, was the combination and contrast of grey gradiant and neon yellow. Nothing caught the eye more than neon colors that were carefully placed on a sneaker.

Yesterday we had Air Max 95s, today we have the Retro AM95s, and tomorrow (or precisely a 18 days from now, for me) we will have the Air Max 24/7. This is a hybrid shoe that doesn't look so hybrid yet has the subtle features of our favorite Air Max's growing up.

The Air Max 24/7 houses the Air Max 95 and 97 uppers layed overtop the full Max Air Unit of the modern Air Max 2009 with performance in mind. Although, I probably wouldn't choose this for running, the AM95 Neon colorway looks absolutely dope, and is worth the cop. It will be available at select online or local retailers VERY soon. And if sneakerheads everywhere are as nostalgic as I am, you better get 'em quick.

I'll post my own pictures when I get them in.

No comments:

Post a Comment