J2: When Old Meets New


I love it when modern twists are brought upon classic things. I actually really dig the look of the new Dodge Challenger. I like the throwback blue/green on the Vancouver Canucks jerseys. And I like classic movies from the early 90s and 80s brought back in high definition in Blu-Ray.

What I love even more is modern technology on classic sneakers. When it's done right, of course. No one messes with a classic, it often turns out bad in the end, in my opinion. That's because, for me, I appreciate what they are and it's sentimental value for staying true to the original. But this was done RIGHT!

Around a year ago, I posted Nike's new breakthrough technology in light, durable, breathable, outdoor friendly footwear. It's called the Hyperfuse. The Hyperfuse technology combines a trio of lightweight, environmentally considered synthetic materials processed to create a very durable, near-seamless upper construction that often is close to being a one-piece.

A Swoosh classic undergoes a serious make-over for Fall of this year with the Air Max 90 Hyperfuse. Like the Nike Basketball version of the Hyperfuse, the AM 90 is a full Hyperfuse upper in conjunction with flexible panels for a lighter, more breathable sneaker, as opposed to it's older counterpart. The panels are shaped and placed in all the right places to keep the classic silhouette, and stays true to to form with visible air sole unit, phylon midsole and solid rubber outsole. I thought my 90s were perfect the way they were, but looking at it in perfect color blocking in White/Anthracite/Varsity Royal-Chlorine Blue makes me want to cop 'em.

I was only guessing on the colorway, but it looks and sounds like it!

Keep it locked on Sneakerfiles for more images and information on this release. :)

One.

No comments:

Post a Comment