Naruto: Gai is an idiot! *SPOILER ALERT*


So, I forgot to mention, above all else I have posted on this blog so far, including stuff from my previous blogs, I've never once posted about something else I am semi-obsessed about, and that is Naruto. Yes, Naruto. Alot of you already know how nerdy I am, this is just more proof, hahaha. But in my defense, it is a GREAT anime that alot of people I know enjoy and follow, with extensive character developements, deep sub-plots and a chain of complex story lines that make it one of the greatest animes to watch and manga to read.

This week showcases the final battle between Maito Gai, a Jounin (high level ninja - keep this in mind), and Hoshigaki Kisame. I had to post something about this ridiculous turn of events that made me wonder - are the writers losing it? Or did they make Gai look like an idiot on purpose?
Check it (Pages 14 and 15 of Chapter 508):


Normally, I have no comment on how ridiculous the story gets, how events pan out or how insane the characters develop - like Danzo with 10 Sharingan eyes on his forearm...really?! - But why would Gai, a JOUNIN, open an enemy scroll?! Rookie mistake.

Apparently Gai has never passed the Chuunin (mid-level ninja) exams. If you recall part 2 of the exam, the survival test in the Forest of Death, Genins (rookie ninjas/ninja academy graduates) that participated in hopes of becoming Chuunin, were to reach the watch tower at the center of the forest collecting both Earth and Heaven scrolls by killing/disabling other ninjas that hold a scroll. But as per instruction and protocol, a ninja must not open an enemy or classified scroll as it may contain secret information or a potential trap. Those who opened it failed and were punished. So, that being said, what was Gai thinking? And what were the rest of them thinking letting him open it?!

One.

BTW, If you wanna discuss it on NikeTalk, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment