J2: A Break

Well, this weekend 'should' be eventful and active. I've been trying to stay active for the past month, since I've been so busy at work during the weekdays. I'm wrapping up a project for approval and hopefully will be sent out the door mid-week next week. Apparently this whole lead designer thing isn't temporary. I was just given a new project to lead for Alta Gas up in Harmattan. I'm excited and scared at the same time. It's a HUGE project. When I mean huge, I mean a 21,000HP-expansion-on-a-gas-plant type huge. It's only my second lead project and they throw that in my face. But, I guess if they're confident in my work, then I guess I should be as well. We'll see how this goes. I also can't wait for my first field trips. Hopefully I'll be on site in Regina later this month and I'll be taking at least 3 or 4 up in Harmattan this spring. Career wise, things are looking, I'm very happy.

Oh the other side of the spectrum, I've been trying to stay active. I didn't get a chance to go snowboarding yet (I know, goddammit!), however, I've placed a good chunk of my time in ice hockey and basketball. That should keep me busy for a little bit. In addition to that, we start our official inaugural podcast tonight! Last week was good, but I think with some structure and minor tweeking, we can get this thing right, Hopefully it goes well. It won't be live, but hopefully tonight, we can get the ball rolling and I can finally post it up on here. Stay tuned.

One.

No comments:

Post a Comment